April 29, 2020
It is Easter and spring and we should be rejoicing. We have the promise of the resurrection and the peace of Christ to sooth us, yet, we are often anxious, fearful and lonely. I want you to know that you are in my prayers. We are in this together.
If you are in need, any kind of need, please let someone know. It is important that we walk with one another now most especially. There are many resources available for various needs.
- Should the anxiety and fear get to be too much, get help. You can contact me (332-2531) or contact Lutheran Social Services at 444-7500. If it is more immediate – call the suicide prevention hotline at: 1-800-273-8255.
- Should you need rent money or money for bills contact 211 or visit www.coronahelpsf.com.
- Should you need food, there are weekly Feeding South Dakota food distributions at the fairgrounds on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 12:00 – 8:00 p.m. and the Faith Temple Food Giveaway at the fairgrounds every Friday, 4:00 – 5:30 p.m.
- Should you need masks, we have members that can help. Just give me a call.
- Should you need someone to pick up your groceries or pharmacy medications, call me, we have “well ones” that are doing this service for our members.
HopeCare is still open and so the church building is unlocked BUT please stay home as you can. If you must come to the church, we ask that you wear a mask and utilize the hand sanitizer that is in the narthex/hallway. The office is closed, but you can contact us by phone or email.
I want to thank you for your faithful generosity. Not only are you sending in your offerings, you are responding to our neighbors as well. We have had special requests from Pastor Maria Cabello-Salomon of Pueblo De Dios for toilet paper and laundry soap and your response has been outstanding. Pastor Maria has had to make collections from Hope three different times!
May the Lord bless you and keep you, The Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you, May the Lord look upon you with favor and give you peace. Amen.
Pastor Lynnae I Sorensen